When is TV Advertising not just about advertising on TV?
As a company that serves a broad range of clients – both in terms of proposition and size, we are in the fortunate position of being able to be involved in some very interesting projects. Some of our most rewarding times involve collaborations in activity with synergistic goals.
TV Advertising is a promotional tool within the Marketing Mix.
TV Advertising can be one Communication or Promotion component within the Marketing Mix. Our intentions are not to teach you to suck eggs here – but its surprising how often TV Advertising is considered independently of all other activities. Like other promotional or communication tools available, TV Advertising will deliver increased results if its message is echoed across other mediums.
How can we promote our TV Advertising?
In most cases, TV Advertising will be the flagship component of any marketing strategy. and it is likely that you have allocated the largest proportion of your marketing budget to it. So what options exist that will increase exposure and perception values?
- Use Social Media. If you’ve built a good quality base of fans and followers in your social media circles, they are likely to be interested in seeing your TV advert. Communicate via social posts just prior to the launch (if commercial sensitivity agenda allows) stating that you are about to begin TV advertising. If commercial sensitivity prohibits pre-launch disclosure, make sure you post on the day the TV Advertising schedule starts. Upload your TV ad to both YouTube and social media sites directly – such as Facebook. In all cases, apply your usual social media rules when engaging with fans and followers.
- Inform your stakeholders. Some of the TV Advertising done for our clients at Concept is planned as a communication of confidence to stakeholders. A re-enforced message helps strengthen the relationship between parties and defines commitment to a project. As such, if it is possible to do so, it is a fantastic idea to communicate your strategies prior to launch. In some cases, stakeholders may wish to contribute to your activity; for example, they may be a retailer stocking your product that wishes to include their logo in your ad – or display the ad on screens in-store. Collaborative efforts aid better results! Your stakeholders may also wish to refer or feature your TV Advertising in their communications which further extends its potential reach.
- Engagement via product packaging. A simple QR Code or NFC tag on packaging will allow prospective customers to view the latest TV ad featuring the product. More and more people are choosing to ‘scan’ products, articles and adverts, wishing to engage further with your proposition. You should direct consumers to a controllable page on your website and embed a YouTube video within the page (this approach ensures that you stay in control of what your customers see and enables you to react in the case of ASA actions).
- Promotion via other advertising. A QR code or short URL could be presented in press and outdoor advertising that links in the same way suggested via product packaging. Of course, when using QR Codes or NFC, ensure you can track responses from individual placements.
- Support your TV commercial via other advertising mediums.Next, the major fashion highstreet retailer, ran a TV ad promoting their late delivery service where consumers could order a product upto 9pm that day and still have it delivered the following day! The company then also ran a radio ad in which two ladies discussed the TV ad – one saying how she had seen the a TV ad, the other listening and enthusing. Although not a Concept TV ad, we though this was a brilliant use of communication and re-enforcement strategy that was likely to increase exposure and perception.
When advertising on TV – don’t forget…
The above options are only a few of the different cross-promotional tools available. When embracing TV Advertising, think about how you can increase its chances of success with other routes of communication that you have access to.
When you’re ready to Advertise on TV or if you want to know more about the process…
Contact Concept Television Studios Limited on 0203 002 92 42. We will be able to help you along the process and ensure a swift and professional move on to television.
If you’d like more information about our TV advertising services, visit www.ConceptStudios.co.uk and then request a free quote or call-back.